With the Big Ten return of Big Ten Football this week, Friday to be exact there are a few notes that every one that is a fan of the Big Ten team should remember:
- This is the 125th season of Big Ten Football. Illinois will open the season this Friday against Wisconson, you can hear the action starting at 6 pm on WPXN.
- The 2020 season will feature an eight-game Conference-only schedule, plus a ninth game for all 14 teams during the big Ten Champions Week, which falls on the weekend of December 19.
- There are two new Head Coaches in the Big Ten this season. Michigan State's Mel Tucker and Rutgers' Greg Schiano.
- Mel Tucker has more than 23 years of coaching experience, which started under Nick Saban at Michigan State.
- Schiano is back after leading Rutgers from 2001-11, who led the Scarlet Knights to six bowl appearances and coached 83 students-athletes to NFL contracts.
- There were six teams ranked in the Top 25, the most since 2015.
- Minnesota, Ohio State, and Wisconsin are looking to repeat as division champions this season.
- Buckeyes 9-0 2019
- Badgers, Golden Gophers both 7-2
Stay tuned thoughout the week for updates to the Big Ten, and for Fighitng Illini stories.